Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oh yeah, I forgot...A Grocery Store Story

I made banana pudding for the faculty pot luck the other day. I didn't have any of the stuff and I didn't want to get Evan ready to go and wrangle him through the store, so I texted Adam and asked him to get the ingredients--4 large bananas, 2 boxes of banana creme pudding, milk, Nilla wafers, and a tub of Cool Whip.

He ALWAYS texts or calls me when he goes shopping (unless it is for very basic items) so I didn't think anything of his call when he got there.

Until he said this: "Honey, what is Cool Whip?"

I almost spewed tea out of my mouth. "Um, it's in the ice cream aisle, near the end. It's in a plastic tub and it says Cool Whip on the lid."

"Oh you mean this stuff in a can? Reddi Whip?"

"NO. I mean Cool Whip. We've eaten it a million times."

"Oh. Well I don't see it."

"Go over by the ice cream."

"Okay I'll just walk around until I find it."

I didn't finish making my pudding until 10 p.m.

He bought the wrong pudding. But at least he got the damn Cool Whip.

**For you Dawg**

No comments:

Post a Comment